Feed on
6 gallons of raw milk

Second week and the 13th day of my raw milk cure journey

I didn’t sleep well last night. It was a combination of things. First, it was still 70 degrees outside at 3 in the morning. Yes, I was awake then. Even with all the windows in the upstairs open and a fan blowing from the window, it was still warm. I only slept with a sheet and even that felt like too much. Also, my stomach was really giving me issues last night. So I slept fitfully until 3am and then not at all. Today I’m a bit sluggish and tired. I really needed a better night’s sleep.

As usual, the first milk of the day is the most deeply satisfying. I love cold milk and the hardest thing on this cure is having to leave my milk outside of the refrigerator so that it warms up during the day. I don’t mind the room temperature milk, but I prefer cold. That first drink of milk in the morning is cold and sweet and just oh so good. I’m breaking a 12 hour fast and while I’m never hungry for it, it’s still a wonderful way to start each morning.

While my morning was pretty good, afternoon brought tummy rumblings complete with “OMG I’ve got to get to the bathroom now!” moments. Consequently I’m going to cut my milk down by another cup starting tomorrow. So I’ll be at 13 cups of milk or 8.6 ounces hourly. It’s interesting how the effects of the milk only happens in the afternoon.

It was a fairly rough evening. I did manage to get a detox bath in, which helped. Yesterday hit 90 degrees, so I gave in and turned on the Air Conditioner, that in turned enabled me to take the detox bath.  I also ended up drinking 1 1/2 liters of water yesterday throughout the day. I didn’t realize how much water I drank until I realized my “Extreme Gulp” container which I use for ice water was completely empty.  I basically had just over 5 quarts of liquid yesterday, (and let me tell you not as much came out.  Anywhere near). No wonder I’m still feeling bloated.

I went to bed last night feeling vaguely hungry.  I wonder if that is going to become a stronger feeling since I’m reducing my milk again tomorrow?

Related Posts from Last Year:

Vital Statistics

My weight is coming down again slightly. But I think its safe to say that this year I’m not going to see as spectacular a weight loss as I did last year and that’s okay. I went into this with no expectations and I’m still seeing something wonderful.

Click on the related post which showed where I was last year in my glucose levels. Now look at the table below. What an amazing difference. Not only that, but its been a much steadier downward path this year. I was convinced that I was going to see a spike in glucose levels this morning since last night’s test was so low. Instead, its even.  Today was extremely even.  I stayed within a 2 point spread throughout the entire day.  I’ve never been that even in my life. I don’t expect that to continue, but wow, is that nice to see.  Oh and for those wondering, the low end of a normal glucose reading is 70.  So I’m well within normal range.  (Had to check, I was getting a bit worried there).

My tongue is much the same as it was yesterday, white in the middle and towards the back, pink at the tip.

Day Weight Basal Temp Glucose: Fasting Glucose: Noon Glucose: Bed
Baseline From 2012 201.4 97.9 114 104 110
End Result Milk Cure 2012 196.0 97.9 103 82 120
Baseline From 2013 176.6 98.1 103 102 81
Day 0 (Juice Fast) 174.4 98.3 103 121 90
Day 1 174.4 98.1 116 104 100
Day 2 174.0 97.9 119 106 104
Day 3 174.4 98.3 114 101 100
Day 4 174.2 97.9 111 106 109
Day 5 174.6 98.0 108 93 100
Day 6 176.4 98.2 96 107 99
Day 7 176.8 98.0 107 121 117
Day 8 174.8 98.0 107 84 87
Day 9 174.4 98.1 106 96 90
Day 10 175.0 98.2 111 104 103
Day 11 174.2 97.9 95 123 95
Day 12 174.8 98.2 87 94 88
Day 13 174.2 97.9 87 86  85

One Response to “Raw Milk Cure 2013: Day 13”

  1. Cyana says:

    Fantastic on the glucose numbers!
    Sorry about the bad nights sleep. It was warm here too. I only slept with a sheet draped across my middle.
    I drink warm milk everyday right after I milk, but otherwise I crave it nice and cold.
    I make yogurt the same way as you, I have to heat the milk enough so that my yogurt culture is the only one in there. I heat my milk in a stainless steal pan, let it cool, inoculate it with my yogurt cultures and then pour it into three wide mouth quart jars and put them into a small playmate cooler (only three jars will fit……looks like four should fit in there but they don’t). I then fill the space around the jars with warm water about five degrees warmer than what I want it to hold at for twelve hours. I don’t put lids on the quart jars but I do put the lid on the cooler of course. Come back in twelve hours and I have yogurt! Sometimes I drain it but most often I just put lids on the quart jars and stick them in the fridge. My yogurt turns out fairly thick as it is.

    Last night because I had fresh made yogurt I skipped the smoothy and instead I put about a cup of frozen berries in a bowl. The kind you buy that are a mix of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and a few huge blackberries. I then added about a cup and a half of fresh yogurt on top of that, sprinkled the smallest amount of stevia on top of it all and enjoyed with a spoon. I forgot how much fun a spoon is! I felt like I was actually eating! I guess I was. Basically these are the same ingredients that go in my smoothy except I didn’t add milk.

    Yesterday was day nine, today is day ten. Down another whole pound!! Yeah for milk!!