Feed on
5 gallons of raw milk

Second week and 12th day of my raw milk cure journey

Despite the warmth of last night (it didn’t get down past the low 60’s), I slept pretty well. Woke up a few times, but managed to get back to sleep. I think that the night before was probably the mattress heater on GC’s side. Can’t solve that.

I’ve been getting out of bed raring to go. I’m not tired, I’m not grumpy. I just feel good. My mind is clear, my body doesn’t have any aches and even if I’m not sleeping as much, I’m sleeping enough.

Today pretty much was a good day. I’m still not exercising though, things keep getting in the way. Today, I lost my Internet connection for most of the day and between working and being on the phone with my provider on and off for a few hours I just didn’t have the wherewithal. It also comes down to I just don’t like exercising. I haven’t found anything that doesn’t feel like a chore. Part of that is my lack of perspiration. I’m limited in what I can do.

I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop and sure enough it happened tonight. My stomach started rumbling in the evening, and I’m in another detoxing phase (with all that entails). I’m still going to stay on my 14 cups of milk tomorrow but will re-evaluate after then. Well it was nice while it lasted.

I’m starting to think about my first dinner after I’m finished with this. I celebrated with sushi last year and am seriously considering that again before I go back to low carb. Then again there is an Elevation Burger near me, but I think red meat may be too much for my system the first day (maybe the second?).

Regardless, I’m in the process of making yogurt with my leftover milk. I’m making one batch a day right now. Yogurt was a mainstay for me last year coming off the cure so I want to make sure I have plenty around. Yogurt is a wonderful way to preserve milk.  My yogurt will stay good for about a month. (which is pretty amazing).

Related Posts from Last Year:

Vital Statistics

My weight is up slightly, but still in the 174’s. I’m not surprised. I’m starting to retain water for a biological purpose. I’m pretty confident that in a few days, weight will come off.

Today is a milestone in my life.  I don’t test my glucose religiously nor do I usually test three times a day, but for the first time ever that I can remember, all of my glucose numbers throughout the entire day are under 100. It’s hard to convey just how amazing those numbers are to me.  It’s also an indication that although I’m not really losing weight, the milk cure is working on my body in amazing ways.

My tongue is doing strange things today. The furrow is whiter, but the tip of my tongue is pure pink. The white seems to be towards the middle and the back.

Day Weight Basal Temp Glucose: Fasting Glucose: Noon Glucose: Bed
Baseline From 2012 201.4 97.9 114 104 110
End Result Milk Cure 2012 196.0 97.9 103 82 120
Baseline From 2013 176.6 98.1 103 102 81
Day 0 (Juice Fast) 174.4 98.3 103 121 90
Day 1 174.4 98.1 116 104 100
Day 2 174.0 97.9 119 106 104
Day 3 174.4 98.3 114 101 100
Day 4 174.2 97.9 111 106 109
Day 5 174.6 98.0 108 93 100
Day 6 176.4 98.2 96 107 99
Day 7 176.8 98.0 107 121 117
Day 8 174.8 98.0 107 84 87
Day 9 174.4 98.1 106 96 90
Day 10 175.0 98.2 111 104 103
Day 11 174.2 97.9 95 123 95
Day 12 174.8 98.2 87 94 88

3 Responses to “Raw Milk Cure 2013: Day 12”

  1. Cyana says:

    Susan, GREAT glucose numbers! Especially since there wasn’t a ton of exercise or anything involved in those low numbers. Your pancreas is a “happy camper”….oh and a healthy one, too!

    I’m making a batch of yogurt today too!! I just got my quart jars put into the cooler with a warm water bath. I agree that home made yogurt lasts a long time. I used the last I had in my smoothy last night so it was time to make another batch.

    I cooked a delicious meal for my husband last night, re-fried beans from scratch and then a dirty rice and sausage with onions and peppers dish. Served on a big tortilla and topped it with shredded cheddar cheese. I was fine until it was time to put the leftovers up and wash the pans. I walked into the kitchen and I got mad that my husband left it for me, so I yelled at him that he was dern lucky I even cooked for him and I was NOT going to put the leftovers up or do dishes! I then walked out of the kitchen and pouted. It was really because I wanted to stick a spoon into the leftovers and shove it in my mouth but knew that was not the thing to do. So I guess instead I walked out and got pissy. Husband took care of it, like a good husband should after his wife throws a hissy fit.

    Day 9 – I was rewarded with the scale going down another half a pound this morning. Yeah! I had a few gurgly trips to the bathroom last night before bed but all subsided and I slept well. My tongue is pink on the edges and tip but a bit white in the middle, I now scrape my tongue daily when I brush my teeth.

    Going to add a raw egg a day swallowed whole to my routine.

  2. Cat says:

    Do you have yogurt recipes you’ve shared? Do you just make plain yogurt or do you do any flavors? I just got my yogurt maker and have set up my first batch. Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

    • Sandra Clark says:

      I make plain yogurt and then mix in fruits, fruit sauces or honey. It’s what most of the commercial yogurts do (fruit on the bottom) minus the sugars and other additives.

      I bring 4 cups of milk ( which is the capacity of my yogurt maker) to 180, let it cool to 100 then mix in 1/4 cup from my last batch. (Combine the starter yogurt with some milk, stir until dissolved then add in the rest of the milk.). Pour into the yogurt maker and leave for 12 hours.

      After that I drain the yogurt so it thickens and drains off the whey. I like a thick yogurt (Greek style) and this way no additives. (Also the whey contains a lot of the sugars).

      I have never been able to be successful at making truly raw milk yogurt. The cultures get clobbered by everything in the raw milk already and it’s been really bad. So I heat my milk.