Feed on
2 gallons of milk

Day 2 of my raw milk cure journey

Slept well, but woke up at 5 am because work issues were racing through my head.  Not unusual.  Stayed in bed for another hour, alternately resting and playing with my iPad   My headache is still with me this morning. I’m starting to think that my belief last year that the headache was due to caffeine withdrawal was not totally true. (It could have been a factor), but since this year I’m still experiencing the headaches it’s not as likely.

Mornings seem to be the best time for me to be able to get things done. Again, I stuck to little things that worked in the 15 minute increments I have. I did some filing and put some things away in my bedroom.  Also I worked on this blog post.  My mind was clear and except for the headache I felt fine.


I finally was able to go out on my deck and sit in the sunshine today.  Sun and warmth have been missing in the DC area this month. But today it was 55 and sunny, so I went and let the sun shine on me. I found myself dozing in between milk consumption. It seemed to have helped my headache a bit, but the headache returned once I came inside.

My detoxing symptoms seem milder this time around. It could be because I’m healthier than last time and there is simply less to detox. It could also be that the juice last year did a bigger number on me than I thought. Detoxing symptoms this time include: the headache, slight body aches and of course my white tongue is coming back.  It’s slightly white in the furrow, but not completely over the tongue. And for those wondering, it’s a detoxing symptom. It’s not that my tongue still has milk on it. The color is coming from inside my tongue. I’m wondering how long it will last this time.

All in all, I took it easy today. Regardless of whether I am feeling great, this is still a rest cure. I did some studying in the morning, some chores and then after I came in from the sun, I caught the first five episodes of Game of Thrones Season 2 on HBO Go.

I have two interesting phenomenon (at least to me) that I’ve observed over the last two days. The first is that bathroom trips didn’t really start until the afternoon. On both days, they then became regular (about every half hour) through the early evening and then stopped. The second relates only to today. For much of the afternoon, I would begin feeling hunger pangs about 5-10 minutes before my next cup of milk. Knowing that the milk was going to be consumed in a short amount of time let me not freak out and start imagining real food. Once I finished the milk for the evening (shortly after 7pm) the hunger pangs never returned. I’m not going to speculate on what it means (though you can in the comments), I’m just observing.

I managed to stay up later today. I took a detox bath and was in bed and asleep by 9:45.

Today was the second day of milk on the hour and on the half hour. Tomorrow I switch so that I’m drinking milk hourly instead. I’m looking forward to that.

Anyone else doing this?  If so, how are you doing?

Related Posts from Last Year:

Vital Statistics

Wow, another half pound dropped, just like that.  I’m not surprised though, I spent a lot of time in the rest room yesterday from 3:oo on.  Everything was normal, just had the urge frequently. Blood sugars are lower than this time last year, so that is a relief. I know its going to take time for my body to get used to the milk sugars. (Again, I don’t eat very much sugar, and certainly not 224 grams a day).

Day Weight Basal Temp Glucose: Fasting Glucose: Noon Glucose: Bed
Baseline From 2012 201.4 97.9 114 104 110
End Result Milk Cure 2012 196.0 97.9 103 82 120
Baseline From 2013 176.6 98.1 103 102 81
Day 0 (Juice Fast) 174.4 98.3 103 121 90
Day 1 174.4 98.1 116 104 100
Day 2 174.0 97.9 119 106 104

Comments are closed.